Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I baked; I watched

Christmas has come and gone. New Years has come and gone. I'm behind on my blogging--I had really thought when I started this family blog that ideas daily would be pulsing through my blood just screaming to be released.

It hasn't happened.

But then, you already know that.

On Christmas morning I made cinnamon rolls. Not the kind from a can People! Homemade. And DEEEE-LISH! They were remarkably easy. I made the dough the night before, and I rolled them out Christmas morning, and we still managed to get to church on time! Try them one of these days! I used Pioneer Woman's recipe and halved it. I didn't need 720 rolls.

Doug and I ventured out to the movie theater over Christmas break as well.  Yes, the movie theater--where they sell popcorn for $7 and water for a pint of your blood.  I think that is the third time I've been in a theater since the children came.  When childless, it was a weekly venture out for us.  Now, it comes at a premium.  Kinda like me deciding to clean out my refrigerator.  We went to the $2 show because there wasn't anything at the nice theater I really wanted to see for $8 and ticket.  We saw Courageous.   Every father needs to sit down and watch this movie!!! When I told Doug that's what I wanted to see, he looked at me and said, "Well, I've heard it's good, but kinda sad.  Are you sure you want to see it?"  I could tell he was trying to nudge me into seeing that Zoo movie that came out.  I didn't want to see the Zoo movie because I knew once we got to the theater, I'd end up choosing the Sherlock Holmes movie instead.  You have to be in a certain mood for that kind of action.  I wasn't.  So Courageous it was.  WARNING:  BRING A CASE OF KLEENEX. A box won't cut it.  Naturally sappy people will need  to come dressed in a wet suit. Doug needed a mop before it was all over. It was an absolutely fabulous movie.  But sad doesn't even begin to describe it.  It started about 1/3 of the way through and never stopped.  Javier provided the much needed comic relief.    The part where he plays the gang leader of the Snake Kings is worth the entire movie!

The girls had their children's Christmas program at church a few weeks ago. It was called Camelot. It was pretty cute. The junior high and high school students do the play/speaking parts, but the elementary kids did the singing. Annsley wore a camel's head. She wasn't too happy about it not staying on her head. They asked Kennedi to be a sheep, but she said, "No way." Here's a short 2 minute clip of one of the songs. Kennedi made a name for herself during the program. I had so many people come up to me and say, "I couldn't even watch my own child I was so busy watching Kennedi." Vern, one of the older men who taught her in the preschool class last year said to me, "I hope I'm still alive when she is 16." You can't see Annsley in the video, but you can see the tip of the camel's nose sticking up out of the crowd behind Kennedi. Kennedi is on the front row with the white bow. She was like this during the ENTIRE program. I apologize in advance for the pitiful video. It was pretty hard trying to video, laugh, and hold the camera still. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Keri said...

She was incredibly spirited through the whole program!! I loved it!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

The cinnamon rolls sound awesome! recipe? Wish we had snow. . .depressing to be cold and grey and no snow. . .

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I so wish we lived closer! We have so many similar interests. . .if we are ever out your way, I hope you won't mind if we stop by! : )

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Safari Sam digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs