Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, September 15, 2011

High Waters

We have rain!! Beautiful, cool, rain!  It started last night on our way home from church and rained all night long.  So far we have had 1/2" inch. I know that is minuscule compared to what some of you get, but that is a big hallelujah when you've had about 2 inches total rain for the year!!! I couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning. My alarm went off at 5:30, and I heard the rain pitter patter on our porch's tin roof, and I just couldn't roll out. I just couldn't.  I tried.  Really.  I did roll over and shut off my alarm though. I made it that far.  Would you agree that there isn't anything better than listening to rain and snoozing?  It's gotta be one of my top ten gifts from God.  I know I could be happy in Seattle.

Today's high is predicted to be 55.  Two weeks ago we were nearly 100 after a record summer of 50+ days over 100 degree heat.   Due to this overnight "fluke" temperature, I haven't yet gotten down the kids' next size fall and winter clothes from the attic.  They all had to wear jeans in their closet that were left over from this early spring.  They are prepared should our disparaged and water ravished grounds become so overly saturated that flooding will shortly ensue...
Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry setting a new standard in jean attire this season.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Praise God for this rain! It has been glorious! I know what you mean about snoozing and listening to rain...I didn't drag my butt out of bed til 8:20 today. Oops.

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Safari Sam digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs